Thursday, October 5, 2017

Aunt Millie's Birthday


I had been using Pic Monkey to edit my cards and add my watermark.  The last time I used it was Sept. 7th and I didn't have any problems at all.  When I tried today, it let me add the watermark, but wouldn't let me save it without a subscription.  I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if they changed their policy.  REALLY disappointed, but I'll get over it and have my daughter help me next time she is home!

I made this card for my hubby's aunts birthday.  I used Splitcoaststampers tutorial to create the circle easel card...this is my 1st easel card and I love how it turned out!  The image I used is called Silhouette Butterfly from Bugaboo Stamps.  I imported it into Silhouette Studio to print and cut out.  I added star dust stickles to some of the flowers and 3 orange gems from Hobby Lobby.  I used SB large scalloped and circle dies and Sizzix #9 flourish die.  The sentiment I created on my Silhouette Mint (AWESOME investment) and spiced marmalade distress ink.

Challenges:

A Gem of a Challenge #204 - Birthday
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #197 - Fancy Folds
Dies R Us Challenge #82 Life's Events (Birthday)
Jo's Scrapt Shack FFC #208 - ATG
Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge Week 38-39 - ATG
Through The Craft Room Door Week of Oct 3 Challenge - ATG

10 comments:

  1. Oh Brenda this is FABULOUS and she is going to LOVE it!! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Life’s Events’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, your card is gorgeous. Love the butterfly and aren't easel cards wonderful!!! Don't you hate when you have computer problems and you have to ask your kids for help, argh!!! So sorry that you are having such problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful Thanks for joining us in our week 38 Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
    Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the shape.
    I had exactly the same problem with PicMonkey so I looked for other free photo software and ended up downloading PhotoScape....it is brilliant and sooo much easier than PicMonkey. I love it and trust me I am the world's biggest computer dummy Lol
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Jo’s Funday Friday Challenge.
    Angie - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Brenda,thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I add watermarks to my cards too, but I'm pretty sure I do it wrong, but it gets on the photo, and that s what I need. I love orange and I usually see a lot of orange on cards this time of year. But there's no Halloween or thanksgiving about your card, so I love how you used orange even more. And circle shaped cards, how come we don't make them more often?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous easel card! I love the scalloped circle shape and the colours. Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely stylish card. Thank you so much for joining in at Crafty cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela x

    ReplyDelete